Requirements to Enroll at SJVC
Our Admissions Department is dedicated to helping prospective students select the programs that best suit their needs and qualifications. To ensure that prospective students are a good match for their selected program of interest, SJVC has established the following admission procedures and requirements:
- Applicants must possess a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Applicants must participate in an interview with an Admissions Representative.
- Applicants to on-ground programs must participate in an admissions assessment. The assessment instrument(s) and process varies by program. The purpose of the assessment is to evaluate the cognitive ability of prospective students. Each program has a required minimum entry score. Our Admissions Department utilizes the results from the assessment(s) to select prospective students who have the best opportunity to achieve success in their chosen program. Some programs have additional entrance procedures and requirements, which can be found on those specific program pages.
- Applicants must meet with either the Enrollment Services Director or a campus manager or their designee for an acceptance interview. In addition to this acceptance interview, applicants may be required to meet with the Director of their selected program.
- Applicants must meet with the Financial Services Department to confirm arrangements to meet tuition obligations.
- Upon completion of the above, the applicant will sign an Enrollment Agreement which sets forth specific information such as start and graduation dates, tuition information, academic schedule, etc.
Programs leading to occupations requiring licensure may have licensing requirements that prohibit enrollment of applicants with relevant past criminal convictions.
Admissions requirements may vary by program. Some programs may require prerequisites. Contact an Admissions Representative to learn more by filling out our Request Information form.