Online Human Resources Administration
SJVC’s online Human Resources Administration program helps students develop personal, professional, and human relations skills necessary to perform the duties of a human resource administrator across the country.
CHOOSE YOUR PATH
FLEXIBLE LEARNING OPTIONS
I knew I had a higher calling and could assist people in a higher way. Human Resources was a really good direction for me. I found SJVC online and saw that they offered an online schedule (Human Resources Administration program) that met my needs.
Ready to Do This?
Find your path in Human Resources Administration
Talk to an Admissions Advisor about your options and earn your Certificate of Completion online in as few as 7 months.
What Will I Learn?
Regulations & Laws
Ethics in Human Resources
Payroll Management & Compensation
Principles of Human Resources
Human Resources Specialists, sometimes called HR coordinators, handle employee relations and training, as well as compensation and benefits programs for their organization. They can also play a part in recruiting new employees, which includes screening and interviewing talent.
The day-to-day tasks of an HR coordinator may vary depending on the company. However, typical duties include:1
- Hiring new employees after completing interviews and background checks
- Processing paperwork related to new hires
- Providing or arranging employee orientation for new hires
- Using HR management system software to maintain employment records for all employees
- Creating and maintaining documents, such as employee handbooks or performance review forms
- Administering the employee benefits program
- Monitoring changes to employment laws and regulations and determining how the organization can comply with them
- Working with management to implement or change personnel policies
- Analyzing data to determine the company’s employee retention rate and developing plans to improve worker retention
- Scheduling testing, such as skills tests or drug tests for possible new hires
- Evaluating the criteria used to select applicants and revising as necessary
- Analyzing staffing levels and consulting with management about the need for hiring opportunities, or reducing the number of employees, as dictated by management goals
- Developing strategies to recruit new employees
- Contacting temporary staffing agencies to arrange for short-term workers
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Courses taken by our Human Resources Administration students include:
Payroll Management & Compensation
This course introduces students to payroll management. Students will outline the goals of human resource management and explore laws affecting payroll and personnel records. Activities include the performance of payroll calculations and analysis of the function and performance of human resource information systems.
Ethics In Human Resources
In this course, students will apply ethical theory to business situations and practices. Students will describe the roles of corporate culture and leadership in a social and global economy, as well as discuss legislation regulating employer and employee rights and responsibilities. Students will analyze ethical situations and develop solutions needed by Human Resource Administrators.
COST & FINANCIAL AID
Education is the most important investment you can make in your future. There is a financial plan available for everyone, including a broad range of financial assistance options. Visit SJVC’s Net Price Calculator to get personalized information on college costs and financial aid. Check out SJVC’s Academic Catalog to learn about program costs by campus and credential level. You also can talk to an Admissions Advisor to discuss the costs of your chosen program and schedule an appointment with an experienced financial aid officer. Student loans, grants, and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
SJVC’s Human Resources Administration program is conveniently available online.
ACCREDITATION & APPROVALS
San Joaquin Valley College is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 1080 Marina Village Parkway, Suite 500, Alameda, CA 94501, (510)748-9001.
The WSCUC is an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
San Joaquin Valley College is a private institution and is approved to operate as an accredited institution by the California Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE). Approval to operate means that San Joaquin Valley College has been found in compliance with the standards set forth in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 (as amended) and Title 5, Division 7.5 – Private Postsecondary Education of the California Code of Regulations. As a prospective student, you are encouraged to review this catalog prior to signing an enrollment agreement. You are also encouraged to review the School Performance Fact Sheet, which must be provided to you prior to signing an enrollment agreement.
A student or any member of the public may file a complaint about this institution with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education by calling (888) 370-7589 or by completing a complaint form, which can be obtained on the Bureau’s internet website (www.bppe.ca.gov).
View additional State Approvals for SJVC.
Check out our guide on Human Resources Administration in California
If you enjoy working with people and have a mind for details like overseeing employee relations, securing regulatory compliance, and administering employee-related services such as payroll, training, and benefits, you might be interested in human resources administration. Almost every business or organization needs people to handle their internal needs, and to plan, coordinate, and direct the administrative functions of an organization.2 Read our career guide to learn more about careers in Human Resources Administration and whether it is the right path for you.
Ask one of our graduates about their SJVC experience and they’ll likely describe it as life-changing.
Our RN to BSN program is a Bachelors degree completion option for Registered Nurses.
Online Human Resources Administration FAQ
What is a Human Resources Specialist?
What skills are needed for an HR Administrator?
Is a certificate in Human Resources worth it?
What can I do with a degree in Human Resources Administration?
- Administrative Services Managers
- Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Customer Service Representatives
- Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants
- General and Operations Managers
- Human Resources Specialists
- Office Clerks, General
- Sales Representatives