Medical and Dental Programs
Online Health Care Management Bachelor of Science
Completion of SJVC’s Health Care Management degree program affords excellent opportunities for professional growth and development with education in leadership and management, finance, and human resources.
START YOUR PATH
FLEXIBLE LEARNING OPTIONS
What Will I Learn
SJVC’s Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management program is designed for health care professionals who have graduated from an accredited Associate degree program and are looking to advance their career. Upon completion of this program, the successful student will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective communication and presentation skills for diverse audiences
- Critically evaluate information from multiple sources for application in professional settings
- Apply current research and data interpretation techniques to identify and evaluate solutions for emergent issues impacting the profession
- Apply strategic planning decision-making to improve outcomes in health care organizations
- Analyze the role of leadership in the health care delivery system, including operational and financial aspects
COST & FINANCIAL AID
Education is the most important investment you can make in your future. There is a financial plan available for everyone, including a broad range of financial assistance options. Visit SJVC’s Net Price Calculator to get personalized information on college costs and financial aid. Check out SJVC’s Academic Catalog to learn about program costs by campus and credential level. You also can talk to an Admissions Advisor to discuss the costs of your chosen program and schedule an appointment with an experienced financial aid officer. Student loans, grants, and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
The Bachelor of Science Degree program in Health Care Management is a 100% online program. To learn more, request more information.
ACCREDITATION & APPROVALS
San Joaquin Valley College is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 1080 Marina Village Parkway, Suite 500, Alameda, CA 94501, (510)748-9001.
The WSCUC is an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
San Joaquin Valley College is a private institution and is approved to operate as an accredited institution by the California Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE). Approval to operate means that San Joaquin Valley College has been found in compliance with the standards set forth in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 (as amended) and Title 5, Division 7.5 – Private Postsecondary Education of the California Code of Regulations. As a prospective student, you are encouraged to review this catalog prior to signing an enrollment agreement. You are also encouraged to review the School Performance Fact Sheet, which must be provided to you prior to signing an enrollment agreement.
A student or any member of the public may file a complaint about this institution with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education by calling (888) 370-7589 or by completing a complaint form, which can be obtained on the Bureau’s internet website (www.bppe.ca.gov).
What Will I Learn?
Foundational Medical Office Skills
Managing & Training Facility Staff
Clinical Operations Strategies
Healthcare Financing & Budgeting
Ready to Do This?
Find your path in Health Care Management
Talk to an Admissions Advisor about your options and earn your online Bachelor of Science degree in as few as 18 months.
On the management end, you’ll get to focus on the administrative, marketing, and human resources side of the healthcare work. Typical duties include:1
- Improve efficiency and quality in delivering healthcare services
- Develop departmental goals and objectives
- Ensure that the facility in which they work is up to date on and compliant with laws and regulations
- Recruit, train, and supervise staff members
- Manage the finances of the facility, such as patient fees and billing
- Create work schedules
- Prepare and monitor budgets and spending to ensure departments operate within funding limits
- Represent the facility at investor meetings or on governing boards
- Keep and organize records of the facility’s services, such as the number of inpatient beds used
- Communicate with members of the medical staff and department heads
Completion of this degree affords excellent opportunities for professional growth and development with education in leadership and management, finance, and human resources. Coursework includes everything from public health care regulations and marketing to information technology and management tools, so you’ll learn a wide range of skills that are essential for entering the medical workforce.1
Check out our guide on Health Care Management in California
A Health Care Management Bachelor’s degree is a great option for someone looking to earn their Bachelor’s degree or advance their career. Completion of this degree may lead to jobs such as a manager of a non-clinical department, or if you are already a clinician, a leadership role in your area of expertise.
Ask one of our graduates about their SJVC experience and they’ll likely describe it as life-changing.
Our RN to BSN program is a Bachelors degree completion option for Registered Nurses.