If you are a Registered Respiratory Therapist looking to advance, SJVC’s online Bachelor of Science Degree in Respiratory Therapy (BSRT) can provide the education needed to help you move forward.
About the Program
Why Earn a BSRT?
The online Respiratory Therapist bachelor’s program is designed for working Registered Respiratory Therapists (RRTs) who have graduated from a CoARC or CAAHEP accredited associate degree program and are looking for career advancement opportunities in leadership, education, research, and critical care in the field of respiratory care.
Respiratory therapists are in a fast-growing career. As reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of respiratory therapists is projected to grow 21% between 2018-2028, faster than the average for all occupations.1
According to the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC), an advanced degree may qualify a Respiratory Therapist for a future managerial, educator or researcher role.2 That’s why, in this growing field, many current RRTs with an A.S. degree are considering returning to school to earn their Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy.
If you are a Registered Respiratory Therapist looking to advance in your field, San Joaquin Valley College’s Bachelor of Science degree program in Respiratory Therapy (BSRT) can provide the education needed to help you move forward.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Respiratory Therapists, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/respiratory-therapists.htm (visited December 13, 2019). Data reflects a national projected percentage change in employment from 2018-2028 and may not reflect local economic conditions.
What Will I Learn
Graduates of SJVC’s Respiratory Therapist Bachelor’s Degree program will be able to:
- Perform a variety of duties related to the respiratory therapy profession including describing professional behavior, monitoring the quality of respiratory care outcomes, and listing changes in technology.
- Demonstrate understanding of pathophysiology to interpret clinical information and make recommendations for appropriate therapeutic intervention.
- Demonstrate the ability to access, interpret, and critically evaluate relevant medical and other authoritative literature related to clinical practice, administration, education, and/or research associated with the respiratory therapy profession.
To be considered for admission to the Respiratory Therapy Bachelor of Science Degree Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Hold an Associate of Science Degree in Respiratory Care, awarded by a regionally or nationally accredited institution with a CoARC or CAAHEP accredited program.
- Successful completion of a minimum of 70.0 units of lower-division courses (may include lower division respiratory care coursework).
- Hold an active credential as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT), and current unencumbered licensure as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) in California or in the state of current employment.
Cost & Financial Aid
Education is the most important investment you can make in your future. There is a financial plan available for everyone, including a broad range of financial assistance options. Visit SJVC’s Net Price Calculator to get personalized information on college costs and financial aid. Check out SJVC’s Academic Catalogto learn about program costs by campus and credential level. You also can talk to an Admissions Representative to discuss the costs of the respiratory therapist bachelor’s degree program, and schedule an appointment with an experienced financial aid officer. Student loans, grants, and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
Accreditation & Approvals
San Joaquin Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at www.accjc.org.
SJVC is a private institution and is approved to operate as an accredited institution by the California Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE). Approval to operate means that SJVC has been found in compliance with the standards set forth in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 (as amended) and Title 5, Division 7.5, – Private Postsecondary Education of the California Code of Regulations. As a prospective student, you are encouraged to review this catalog prior to signing an enrollment agreement. You are also encouraged to review the School Performance Fact Sheet, which must be provided to you prior to signing an enrollment agreement.
A student or any member of the public may file a complaint about this institution with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education by calling (888) 370-7589 or by completing a complaint form, which can be obtained on the Bureau’s internet website (www.bppe.ca.gov).
Our RN to BSN program is a Bachelors degree completion option for Registered Nurses.