Enhance your health care career opportunities by enrolling in our Bachelor of Science degree program in Dental Hygiene. This online program may be completed in as few as 12 months and is designed for Registered Dental Hygienists having graduated from a CODA-accredited associate degree Dental Hygiene program who want to advance their career.
At a Glance
Bachelor of Science degree program in Dental Hygiene can be completed in as few as 12 months!
Hold an associate of Science Degree in Dental Hygiene from a CODA-accredited program from a regionally or nationally accredited institution.
100% online program, learn more now!
About the Program
What WIll I Learn?
Upon completion of this program, the successful student will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective communication and presentation skills for diverse audiences.
- Critically evaluate information from multiple sources for application in professional settings.
- Apply current research and data interpretation techniques to identify and evaluate solutions for emergent issues impacting the profession.
- Apply critical thinking and evidence-based decision-making in dental hygiene education and health promotion
- Utilize interprofessional collaboration to enhance patient-centered care
The Bachelor of Science Degree in Dental Hygiene affords excellent opportunities for professional growth and development with education in leadership, education, and research.
To be considered for admission to the Dental Hygiene program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Hold an Associate of Science Degree in Dental Hygiene from a CODA-accredited program from a regionally or nationally accredited institution
- Successful completion of a minimum of 80.0 units of lower-division courses
- Hold a current, unencumbered credential licensure as a Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) in California or in the state of current employment
The Bachelor of Science degree program in Dental Hygiene is a 100% online program. To learn more, request more information.
Cost & Financial Aid
Education is the most important investment you can make in your future. There is a financial plan available for everyone, including a broad range of financial assistance options. Visit SJVC’s Net Price Calculator to get personalized information on college costs and financial aid. Check out SJVC’s Academic Catalog to learn about program costs by campus and credential level. You also can talk to an Admissions Representative to discuss the costs of your chosen program, and schedule an appointment with an experienced financial aid officer. Student loans, grants, and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
Accreditation & Approvals
San Joaquin Valley College is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, (510)748-9001.
San Joaquin Valley College is a private institution and is approved to operate as an accredited institution by the California Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE). Approval to operate means that San Joaquin Valley College has been found in compliance with the standards set forth in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 (as amended) and Title 5, Division 7.5 – Private Postsecondary Education of the California Code of Regulations. As a prospective student, you are encouraged to review this catalog prior to signing an enrollment agreement. You are also encouraged to review the School Performance Fact Sheet, which must be provided to you prior to signing an enrollment agreement.
A student or any member of the public may file a complaint about this institution with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education by calling (888) 370-7589 or by completing a complaint form, which can be obtained on the Bureau’s internet website (www.bppe.ca.gov).
Our RN to BSN program is a Bachelors degree completion option for Registered Nurses.