At SJVC, there are many different online programs to choose from, so you can select the career path that best suits your personal and professional goals.
At a Glance
10 online programs to choose from.
Earn your certificate of completion or an associate, or bachelor’s degree. Varies by program
Conveniently available online.
About the Program
Business Office Administration Degree and Certificate
Employers look to hire professionals who are familiar with basic business practices and technologies. SJVC’s online Business Office Administration program will prepare you for a wide range of business-related careers thanks to the mixture of foundational curriculum and specialized concentration coursework. Our Business Office Administration program can help you qualify for a career as a:
- Customer Service Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- And more!
In addition to laying the foundation for entry into a professional career field, earning your Certificate or A.S. Degree also gives you the option to continue your education.
Construction Management Degree
Students in SJVC’s Construction Management program can go on to pursue careers as first line supervisors, estimators, foremen, construction managers, project managers, and site managers.
The job market for construction managers is strong, and employment is expected to grow 10% between 2018 and 2028, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics1. This is in part due to:
- Population and business growth leading to the construction of new residences and buildings
- The need to improve portions of national infrastructure
- The growing popularity of retrofitting old buildings to be more energy efficient
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Construction Managers, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/construction-managers.htm (visited December 18, 2019). Data reflects a national projected percentage change in employment from 2018-2028 and may not reflect local economic conditions.
Dental Hygiene - B.S.
The Bachelor of Science Degree in Dental Hygiene affords excellent opportunities for professional growth and development with education in leadership, education, and research.
Healthcare Management - B.S.
The Bachelor of Science Degree in Health Care Management affords excellent opportunities for professional growth and development with education in leadership and management, finance, and human resources.
Human Resources Administration
Our Human Resources Administration training qualifies graduates for careers such as:
- Human Resources Specialist
- Human Resources Generalist
- Administrative Specialist
- Training and Development Coordinator
- Accounts Payable Clerk
Human resource specialists are an important part of most businesses. Human resources specialists recruit, screen, interview, and place workers. They also handle employee relations, compensation and benefits, and training. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment growth for human resources specialists is expected to be 5% between 2018 and 20281.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Human Resources Specialists, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/human-resources-specialists.htm (visited December 13, 2019).
Information Technology Degree and Certificate
Earning a Certificate or an Associate of Science in Information Technology can open the door to a large number of jobs in the fields of networking, IT security, and more. Depending on a student’s chosen program credential level, SJVC’s online Information Technology program can prepare graduates for the following IT careers:
|Job Title||Median Annual Wage, May 2018||Job Growth, 2018-2028|
|Network and Computer Systems Administrator||$82,0501||+5 percent1|
|Computer Support Specialist||$53,4704||+10 percent2|
|Information Security Analyst||$98,3505||+32 percent3|
SJVC’s online IT program offers you the convenience and flexibility of earning a certificate or degree at your own pace, on your own time, whenever and wherever it is most convenient for you. Take the next step toward an IT career without putting your life on hold. Request more information online or call us toll-free at (855) 667 9557 to speak with admissions about the online Information Technology program.
Clinical Medical Assisting Certificate
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that employment of medical assistants is projected to grow 23 percent between 2018 and 2028, which amounts to nearly 154,900 new jobs nationwide1. The BLS states multiple factors behind the growing demand for medical assistants, including the growth of the aging baby-boom population, increasing patient access to medical care, and the need for administrative and clinical healthcare support workers2.
The nationwide job outlook for medical assistants is good, and it’s just as bright for California medical assistants. According to the BLS, California had the highest employment level for medical assistants in the United States in May 20183. Some of the top-paying metropolitan areas for medical assistants in May 2018 were also found in California, per the BLS3, including:
- San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward
- Santa Cruz-Watsonville
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara
- Santa Rosa
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Medical Assistants, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-assistants.htm (visited December 27, 2019). Data reflects a national projected percentage change in employment from 2018-2028 and may not reflect local economic conditions.
- BLS, visited 9-18-19, https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-assistants.htm#tab6
- BLS, visited 9-18-19, https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes319092.htm
Medical Billing and Coding Degree and Certificate
Is Medical Billing and Coding in Demand?
Well-trained personnel are in demand to work for hospitals, insurance companies, medical and dental offices, healthcare clinics and more. Medical billing and coding specialists are needed to help organize and manage health information, which means the demand for these positions will increase over the next decade due to the aging population in the United States requiring more medical services, per the BLS.
According to the BLS, employment of medical records and health information technicians is projected to grow 11 percent from 2018 to 2028, representing approximately 23,100 new positions that will need to be filled.1 The BLS also reports “most employers prefer to hire health information technicians who have certification, or they may expect applicants to earn certification shortly after being hired.” Data reflects a national projected percentage change in employment from 2018-2028 and may not reflect local economic conditions.
How Much Can a Medical Records and Health Information Technician Make?
Salary information from the BLS indicates that the mean annual wage for medical records and health information technicians was $44,010 ($21.16 per hour) in May 2018.2California is the highest paying state for medical records and health information technicians with an annual mean wage of $51,880.3
Respiratory Therapy - B.S.
What Will I Learn
Graduates of SJVC’s Respiratory Therapy Bachelor of Science Degree program will be able to:
- Perform a variety of duties related to the respiratory therapy profession including describing professional behavior, monitoring the quality of respiratory care outcomes, and listing changes in technology.
- Demonstrate understanding of pathophysiology to interpret clinical information and make recommendations for appropriate therapeutic intervention.
- Demonstrate the ability to access, interpret, and critically evaluate relevant medical and other authoritative literature related to clinical practice, administration, education, and/or research associated with the respiratory therapy profession.