Accreditation & Approvals
What Accreditation Is and Why It Matters
Accreditation is the process for evaluating and assuring the quality of education used by the American higher education community. Through accreditation, the higher education community shoulders the responsibility for monitoring the quality of the programs and services of member institutions.
San Joaquin Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at www.accjc.org.
Questions or requests to review documents pertaining to accreditation should be directed to:
Crystal G. VanderTuig, Accreditation Liaison Officer
San Joaquin Valley College
3828 West Caldwell Avenue, Visalia, CA 93277
ACCJC Re-Accreditation and Mid-Term Reports
- Read the ACCJC 2019 Letter Reaffirming SJVC’s Accreditation.
- Download the ACCJC 2019 Site Evaluation Report.
- View SJVC’s 2019 Self-Evaluation Report.
- Read the ACCJC response to SJVC’s 2016 Mid-Term Report.
- View SJVC’s 2016 Mid-Term Report.
- Read the ACCJC 2013 Letter Reaffirming SJVC’s Accreditation.
- Download the ACCJC 2013 Site Evaluation Report.
- View SJVC’s 2013 Self-Evaluation Report.
ACCJC Action Letters
Click to view or download:
- 1/14/2019: ACCJC Notifies SJVC a Substantive Change Review is Not Required for Chula Vista Campus Closure
- 12/17/2018: ACCJC Notifies SJVC that HRA and MBC Program Updates Do Not Require Substantive Change Review
- 8/6/2018: ACCJC Notifies SJVC of Team Chair for External Evaluation Visit
- 7/18/2018: ACCJC Notifies SJVC that Ontario Location’s Added Offices Do Not Require Substantive Change Review
- 5/11/2018: ACCJC Notifies SJVC that Changes for Clinical Medical Assisting, Medical Office Administration and Pharmacy Technology Programs Do Not Require Substantive Change Review
- 3/30/2018: ACCJC Requests 2017 Annual Audited Financial Report from San Joaquin Valley College
- 3/21/2018: ACCJC Notifies SJVC that its Drone Course Does Not Require Substantive Change Review
- 2/28/2018: ACCJC Notifies SJVC that Offering the Veterinary Technology Program Certificate of Completion at the Bakersfield and Fresno Campuses Does Not Require Substantive Change Review
- 12/8/2017: ACCJC Notifies SJVC that Offering the Electrical Technology, Industrial Maintenance Technology, and Criminal Justice: Corrections Programs at the Temecula Campus Does Not Require Substantive Change Review
- 11/17/2017: ACCJC Approves Atascadero Location
- 11/14/2017: ACCJC Confirms SJVC Rancho Cordova Address Change
- 7/18/2017: ACCJC Notifies SJVC that Phlebotomy Technician Program Does Not Require Substantive Change Review
- 3/29/2017: ACCJC Approves Respiratory Therapy – Baccalaureate Degree Program for Online Campus, Approves Surgical Technology Program for Rancho Cordova and Temecula Campuses
- 3/10/2017: ACCJC Reviews Information Technology Short-Term Certificate Programs; Finds No Substantive Change
- 12/19/2016: ACCJC Approves Porterville Campus; Reviews Dental Assisting Certificate Program for Hesperia Campus; Reviews Veterinary Assisting Certificate Program for Bakersfield and Fresno Campuses
- 10/5/2016: ACCJC Reviews Aviation Maintenance Technology Certificate Program; Finds No Substantive Change
- 5/20/2016: ACCJC Approves Electrical Technology Program for Bakersfield, Fresno, Modesto, and Ontario Campuses
- 2/11/2016: ACCJC Approves Criminal Justice: Corrections Certificate of Completion Program
- 12/10/2015: ACCJC Approves Registered Nursing Program for Ontario Campus
- 5/19/2015: ACCJC Approves Registered Nursing Program at Ontario Campus for Former Everest RN Students
- 4/19/2015: ACCJC Approves Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Certificate of Completion Program
- 11/17/2014: ACCJC Approves Delano Campus & Online Information Technology Program
- 11/14/2014: ACCJC Approves Online Medical Billing and Coding Program
- 5/19/2014: ACCJC Approves Veterinary Technology Program for Bakersfield Campus
- 3/7/2014: ACCJC Approves Madera Campus
- 11/15/2013: ACCJC Approves Dental Assisting Program for San Diego Campus
SJVC is a private institution and is approved to operate as an accredited institution by the California Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE). Approval to operate means that SJVC has been found in compliance with the standards set forth in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 (as amended) and Title 5, Division 7.5, – Private Postsecondary Education of the California Code of Regulations. As a prospective student, you are encouraged to review this catalog prior to signing an enrollment agreement. You are also encouraged to review the School Performance Fact Sheet, which must be provided to you prior to signing an enrollment agreement.
A student or any member of the public may file a complaint about this institution with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education by calling (888) 370-7589 or by completing a complaint form, which can be obtained on the Bureau’s internet website (www.bppe.ca.gov).
Click or view to download:
- SJVC’s 2017 BPPE Annual Report
- SJVC’s 2016 BPPE Annual Report
- SJVC’s 2015 BPPE Annual Report
- SJVC Locations Approved by the BPPE
- SJVC Programs Approved by the BPPE
- Additional State Approvals for SJVC
Programmatic Accreditation and Approvals
Aviation Maintenance Technology
The Aviation Maintenance Technology program is approved by the Federal Aviation Administration, U.S. Department of Transportation.
Flight Standards District Office
4955 E. Anderson Ave., Ste. 110
Fresno, CA 93727
(559) 454-0286 | http://www.faa.gov
Criminal Justice: Corrections
SJVC’s Criminal Justice: Corrections program is certified to provide instruction by the Board of State and Community Corrections (BSCC)/Standards & Training for Corrections (STC) and the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS).
Board of State and Community Corrections (BSCC)/Standards & Training for Corrections (STC)
2590 Venture Oaks Way, Ste. 200
Sacramento, CA 95833
(916) 324-1641 |
Bureau of Security and Investigative Services
2420 Del Paso Rd., Ste. 270
Sacramento, CA 95834
(916) 322-4000 or (800) 952-5210 | http://www.bsis.ca.gov
The SJVC Dental Assisting program is approved by the Department of Consumer Affairs, Dental Board of California.
Dental Board of California
2005 Evergreen Street, Ste. 1550
Sacramento, CA 95815
(916) 263-2300 | http://www.dbc.ca.gov
The Dental Hygiene program is accredited by The American Dental Association’s Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) and has been granted the accreditation status of “approval without reporting requirements.” The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education.
The SJVC Dental Hygiene program is approved by the Department of Consumer Affairs, Dental Hygiene Board of California.
Commission on Dental Accreditation
211 East Chicago Ave.
Chicago, IL 60611-2678
(312) 440-2500 | http://www.ada.org/en/home-ada/coda
Department of Consumer Affairs, Dental Hygiene Board of California (DHBC)
2005 Evergreen Street, Ste. 2050
Sacramento, CA 95815
Phone: (916) 263-1978 Fax: (916) 263-2688 | https://dhbc.ca.gov/
The SJVC Electrical Technology program on the Modesto, Ontario, and Temecula campuses is approved by the Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Labor Standards Enforcement. The Electrical Technology program on the Bakersfield and Fresno – Trades Education Center campuses is new and pending laboratory site approval from the Electrician Certification Curriculum Committee with the State of California, DIR.
Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Labor Standards Enforcement
Attn: Electrician Certification
Unit 1515 Clay Street, Ste. 1302
Oakland, CA 94612
(510) 286-3900 |
San Joaquin Valley College’s RN program is approved by the Department of Consumer Affairs, California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
Board of Registered Nursing
1747 North Market Blvd., Ste. 150
Sacramento, CA 95834
(916) 322-3350 | http://www.rn.ca.gov/
The Respiratory Therapy program has been granted continuing accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care
777 Cannon Drive
P.O. Box 54876
Hurst, TX 76054-4876
(817) 283-2835 | http://www.coarc.com
The Surgical Technology program on the Bakersfield, Fresno, Rancho Cordova, and Temecula campuses is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC-STSA).
6 W. Dry Creek Circle, Ste. 110
Littleton, CO 80120
(303) 694-9262 | http://www.arcstsa.org/
25400 US Highway 19 N, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
(727) 210 2350 | http://www.caahep.org
The Veterinary Technology program at the Fresno campus is accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association as a program for educating veterinary technicians, https://www.avma.org/professionaldevelopment/education/accreditation/programs/pages/default.aspx.
The Licensed Vocational Nursing program is approved by the Department of Consumer Affairs, California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT).
2535 Capital Oaks Dr., Ste. 205
Sacramento, CA 95833
(916) 263-7800 | http://www.bvnpt.ca.gov