Heating, Ventilation, A/C and Refrigeration
The Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration program at SJVC prepares you for year-round job security in the heating and cooling industry.
Training focuses on theories of heating, refrigeration and air conditioning. Students study the operation, maintenance and repair of residential and commercial equipment.
Throughout SJVC’s Heating, Ventilation, A/C and Refrigeration program, students will learn:
- • Heating and cooling principles
- • Electrical theories
- • How to diagnose mechanical and electrical problems
- • Proper installation, servicing and replacement techniques
Our hands-on approach to teaching allows you to develop the skills you need for an HVACR career.
Graduates earn an Associate of Science Degree, and can do so in as little as 14 months. Graduates also have the opportunity to earn Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) certification, Refrigerant 410a certification, and national air conditioning, heating and refrigeration certifications through the Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute (ARI) and Gas Appliance Manufacturers Association (GAMA).
A Refrigeration and Air Conditioning service technician is qualified to work in many areas including:
- • Residential heating/cooling (household refrigeration and appliance repair)
- • Production Supervisor
- • Commercial refrigeration heating and cooling installation (mini marts, retail stores, restaurants & hotels)
- • Industrial refrigeration (cold storage and manufacturing plants)
- • Transport refrigeration (truck/trailer refrigeration)
SJVC’s Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration program is available at 6 of our California campuses:
If a degree in Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, please complete SJVC’s Request Information form. An Admissions Advisor will contact you soon to discuss how you can reach your career goals with SJVC.
View consumer information disclosures:
Associate of Science Degree