SJVC’s Dental Hygiene program prepares students to work as a registered dental hygienist. Benefits of this program include comprehensive instruction, small class sizes, high board pass rates and accreditation by ADA-CODA.
Throughout SJVC’s Dental Hygiene program, students will learn:
- • Computerized dental management/charting software
- • CAESY (Clinically Advanced Education Systems) computerized patient education
- • Intra-Oral cameras
- • Digital and traditional X-ray techniques
- • Hand-and-ultrasonic instruments for advanced scaling and root planing methods
Graduates will earn an Associate of Science degree, and can do so in as few as 16 months. Graduates also are eligible to take the National Board written examination and a State and/or Regional Board Examination for licensure as a Registered Dental Hygienist.
Graduates of SJVC’s Dental Hygiene program are prepared to work in private dental offices and enjoy a high salary, flexible hours and a professional work environment. Other career opportunities include working in public health agencies, clinics and nursing home facilities, and clinical teaching.
On the job, registered dental hygienists can expect to:
- • Perform clinical exams
- • Remove stains, plaque and calculus from teeth
- • Expose & process dental x-rays
- • Administer local anesthetics and nitrous oxide sedation
- • Conduct intra and extra oral cancer screenings
- • Counsel patients on oral hygiene
SJVC’s Dental Hygiene program is available at 3 of our California campuses:
View Board Pass Rates and Tuition Information.
Download the Dental Hygiene Application Information packet.
If a degree in Dental Hygiene sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, please complete SJVC’s Request Information form. An Admissions Advisor will contact you soon to discuss how you can reach your career goals with SJVC.
View consumer information disclosures:
Associate of Science Degree