Computer Systems Administration Program
San Joaquin Valley College’s Computer Systems Administration program provides an in-depth study of the operating systems, applications and network elements of today’s businesses. The focus is on Microsoft® and CompTIA certifications, as well as computer help desk concepts and technology.
Throughout SJVC’s Computer Systems Administration program, students will learn:
- • Installation and maintenance of computer systems & servers
- • Computer hardware and operating systems
- • Troubleshooting and help desk support
- • Microsoft® and Cisco® networking technologies
- • How to maintain and administer a Microsoft® Windows Server in a client server environment
- • Network security and maintenance
*Coursework prepares you to test for multiple certifications in computer knowledge proficiency. All first-round testing expenses are included with tuition.
Graduates of SJVC’s Computer Systems Administration program earn an Associate of Science degree, and can do so in approximately 14 months. Graduates are eligible to take exams for CompTIA, Microsoft® and Cisco® certifications.
Well-trained Network Administrators are in high demand. You’ll be prepared to work in virtually any business that utilizes computers in roles such as:
- • Computer Support Technician
- • Help Desk Representative
- • Network Administrator
- • Hardware Technician
- • Network Technician
On the job, you can expect to:
- • Install and maintain client and server operating systems
- • Set-up and administrate computer networks
- • Maintain internet, intranet and extranet infrastructure
- • Manage help desk & provide user support
- • Implement network security
SJVC’s Computer Systems Administration program is available in:
- • Visalia
San Joaquin Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at: www.accjc.org
San Joaquin Valley College is a private institution and is approved to operate as an accredited institution in the state of California by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE). BPPE physical address: 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400, Sacramento, CA 95833; mailing address: P.O. Box 980818, West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818; phone (916) 431-6959; toll free (888) 370-7589; fax (916) 263-1897; website: www.bppe.ca.gov.