Computer Systems Administration
San Joaquin Valley College’s Computer Systems Administration program provides an in-depth study of the operating systems, applications and network elements of today’s businesses. The focus is on Microsoft® and CompTIA certifications, as well as computer help desk concepts and technology.
Throughout SJVC’s Computer Systems Administration program, students will learn:
- • Installation and maintenance of computer systems & servers
- • Computer hardware and operating systems
- • Troubleshooting and help desk support
- • Microsoft® and Cisco® networking technologies
- • How to maintain and administer a Microsoft® Windows Server in a client server environment
- • Network security and maintenance
*Coursework prepares you to test for multiple certifications in computer knowledge proficiency. All first-round testing expenses are included with tuition.
Graduates of SJVC’s Computer Systems Administration program earn an Associate of Science degree, and can do so in as little as 14 months. Graduates are eligible to take exams for CompTIA, Microsoft® and Cisco® certifications.
Well-trained Network Administrators are in high demand. You’ll be prepared to work in virtually any business that utilizes computers in roles such as:
- • Computer Support Technician
- • Help Desk Representative
- • Network Administrator
- • Hardware Technician
- • Network Technician
On the job, you can expect to:
- • Install and maintain client and server operating systems
- • Set-up and administrate computer networks
- • Maintain internet, intranet and extranet infrastructure
- • Manage help desk & provide user support
- • Implement network security
SJVC’s Computer Systems Administration program is available in:
- • Visalia
If a degree in Computer Systems Administration sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, please complete SJVC’s Request Information form. An Admissions Advisor will contact you soon to discuss how you can reach your career goals with SJVC.